You are here
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
The 4-day Comprehensive GC Training course introduces the fundamental theory of GC along with the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Agilent Gas Chromatograph using GC OpenLab Chemstation software.
This course includes an introduction to gas chromatography, Agilent Chemstation configuration, an introduction to GC Chemstation, data acquisition and data analysis. It will discuss gas supply and handling; split/splitless and multi-mode inlets; capillary columns; detectors (FID and ECD); the autosampler; PC & data system; creating methods; integration and reporting; quantitation and calibrations; sequences; and retention time locking. This course also covers troubleshooting and maintenance of the autosampler, inlet, column, detector and data systems.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on hardware and software lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
You can attend all 4 days of the course for a complete training solution. Alternatively you can attend the 2-day Comprehensive GC Hardware (Agilent GC) course or 2-day Comprehensive GC Software Training (OpenLAB Chemstation) course for specific training on hardware or software.
- You will learn the theory of gas chromatography and the importance of good chromatography
- You will become familiar with the Agilent Gas Chromatograph and learn about the function & operation of individual GC components
- You will learn the logical steps of instrument troubleshooting
- You will have practical experience of adjusting the parameters and performing maintenance of the GC instrument
- You will review gas supply and gas handling, Agilent autosamplers, Agilent inlets including split-splitless and multi-mode, capillary columns, and detectors focusing on FID and ECD
- You will learn about the operation of the GC OpenLab ChemStation software
- You will learn how to undertake installation, set-up and get an overview of the software
- You will learn how to create a GC method on the software
- You will learn how to analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis with a set of data files
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
- You will get an introduction to software macros
- You will learn about retention time locking and its importance
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Agilent gas chromatographs. Please note the hands on training will take place on Agilent 7890 or 6890 but the training is suitable for all models of Agilent gas chromatographs.
Course Venue: ATSG at the Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
Number of days: 4
Price: �1230 plus 20% VAT
Special offers (discounts cannot be combined):
- Early Bird: Book at least 12 weeks in advance and receive a 10% discount for this 4-day course.
- Student: Discount of 10% for this 4-day course (valid student ID card required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- RSC Member: Discount of 10% for this 4-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- ChromSoc Member: Discount of 10% for this 4-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Warwick alumni: Discount of 10% for this 4-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Group Discount: 4 colleagues from the same company can attend for the price of 3, when attending the same course.