You are here
Advances, Updates, Guidelines, and Best Practices in General Internal Medicine—Expressly for Specialists
In this special program, Harvard Medical School's leading clinical faculty, representing more than 30 fields of medicine, share updates and provide recommendations to ensure you are current with the recent advances in general internal medicine that impact the specialists—especially with clinical practice in relevant disciplines outside of your field of expertise.
Whatever your specialty, you need a working knowledge of current internal medicine practice standards, an understanding of treatments and interactions, and a familiarity with the work of your colleagues. This program is designed to meet the needs of the full range of specialists, providing focused updates, and covering a vast amount of information efficiently and effectively, including:
- Potential adverse interactions between drugs prescribed by you and by others
- Addressing comorbidities that are commonly seen outside of your specialty
- Current guidelines and management strategies for diabetes, cardiovascular disease, lipid disorders, hypertension, chronic lung disease, sleep disturbances, cognitive decline, chronic pain
- Clinical examination techniques: back, shoulder, the dizzy patient
- Up-to-date interventional therapies in cardiovascular medicine
- How your clinical decision making impacts care provided by others
- New evidence-based screening and prevention practices
Learn from the Best Clinical Faculty at Harvard Medical School
This program is led by current, expert practitioners and committed teachers, each with significant experience both in the care of patients and in presenting to colleagues. Faculty will provide state-of-the-art advances and recommendations, and you will take home relevant, up-to-date, and evidence-based strategies and tools to improve your patient care.