You are here
Interview at EAU 2015 with Prof. Abrahamsson, Madrid, Spain
- You steered EAU for 8 years and many aspects of the association have changed and been professionalised. Has daily work of urologists changed over these 8 years in Europe?
- Coherence of the EAU organization increased and many urologists became active within the EAU. Were current membership numbers anticipated several years ago?
- Will membership numbers continue to increase?
- EAU has invested in guidelines for daily practice. With rapid changing standards and options in medicine, will guidelines continue to be essential in daily practice?
- Cost aspects play an important role in medical practice. To what extent should EAU be involved in cost containment?
- Training has been a major undertaking by EAU. Should training be followed by certification to safeguard the urological profession?
- How has the EAU positioned itself among the many international urological societies?
- Closing remarks and take home message